Anita Sikma Design is excited to announce that on Saturday June 24th she will be hosting her first ever wax carving workshop! This workshop is not only Sikma’s first introduction class but also be Sikma’s first month in her new Hastings Sunrise studio. This bright and inviting space will lend itself to a beautiful afternoon, introducing students to tools, tips and hands on demonstrations to the wax carving process. Absolutely no experience required! No restricted curriculum, sign up to learn and have fun! This class is designed for you, come in be imaginative and fearless, create your very own hand carved, sculpted, lost wax ring!
Registration is based on a first come first serve sign up basis, class is limited!
Location: 2132 E Hastings, Vancouver BC, 1-4PM
Each student will be provided a square block of green carving wax, all wax models are left with Sikma at the end of class. Sikma will cast in sterling silver, file, sand, polish and patina the rings and have them ready for pick up in 3 weeks. Amazing!
- students have the option of a 5mm or 8mm wax block for carving, that can be viewed and decided in studio. Ring sizes can range between a size 4-13
- all necessary tools will be provided as well equipment if requested.
- if you plan on making a ring for someone else, bring in a ring so we can configure that size!
- each student will have hands on instruction and personal tips provided by Sikma
- I encourage you to begin sketching and gathering ideas for your ring immediately after registering.
- class space is limited to ensure proper instruction and develop personal relationships
Class registration is are non-refundable, be positive you can commit before you register your purchase.
See ya in class!!